Do you ask your family what sounds good for dinner?

I often find myself asking everyone "what sounds good for dinner" and usually everyone wants something different. The other day I was ready a magazine and they stated NEVER ask what they want for dinner, just fix something and if they are hungry they will eat it.

Do you ask? or just fix it?

stephensmom26

Asked by stephensmom26 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't ask. I work out my menu at the beginning of the week, shop accordingly and put it on the table. If you're hungry, you'll eat it, and if you don't want it you can fend for yourself.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 1:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Sometimes I ask but most of the time I just cook :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I only ask when I don't have anything planned, but I mostly just cook
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I usually ask them since I want them to eat good for dinner. I will try to help add or even remove an item with something I think they should have. But most of the time they are good dinner choices. I usually give two choices to chose from. I see nothing wrong with asking them about dinner and they sure eat better when it is something they like.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think it depends on the day. On the weekends, I ask more. I do ask what my DH had for lunch so I don't repeat it for dinner.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 4:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My son is 18, works nights and normally doesn't eat dinner with DH and I, we just pick something in the am and cook it in the pm!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• If I don't have concrete plans, I may narrow it down to a few options and ask for opinions.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My kids are too young to answer! So I just ask hubby what sounds good but he will eat whatever I make!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I always ask my DH what sounds good for dinner...usually i'll get the unhelpful answer of "whatever you make" Sometimes i'm just stumped and would like an opinion...if my son had a say he'd probably choose hot dogs or something lol.
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Rarely. They can eat what I fix. I plan the menu for the month. 30 dinner ideas with the ingredients in the house, so then I can just go through the menu and pick and choose what sounds good that night, knowing it's what I have on hand already. If I do get into the mood where nothing sounds great to me, I let the kids pick off the menu.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011