Do you keep pictures of your ex after you're in another relationship??

So this morning after SO went to work, I was tidying up the bedroom and we have a safe in the closet where we put certain valuables or memorable items. In it, he has a small photobook of pictures of his dad (he passed away a few years ago), and I noticed a ton of random photos stashed in the middle of it. So of course, I look to see what they are, and they're all pictures of him and his very serious ex who he was engaged with for 5 years before he met me. And I also saw in one of her bathing suit pictures on the beach that she has one of the SAME EXACT tattoos on SO in the same spot!! I don't know whether I should say something or not because it really bothers me that he wants to keep them, but I feel like I have no right to tell him that he can't...I don't know...what do you guys think??

a.emily

Asked by a.emily at 12:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I would talk to him. Let him know you are bothered by it and talk it out.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes, its the past. They're in a box put away not in frames to see.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• hugs

Personally the only pictures of an ex I keep are of my eldest son's father, he has a right to them, but people I dated... it is in the past for a reason! You do whatever you feel is best, but honesty/respect is a huge part of my husband and mine's lives and I would ask him, than again he wouldn't hide them from me in the first place... trust is a foundational thing with a relationship

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The tattoo thing wouldn't bother me, I'm not sure if the pics would either... hmm probably lol. I would talk to him about it
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 12:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have pictures from high school, from dances and things with other guys. I don't have them on the wall, but it is nice to remember that I had a past. maybe that is all it is for him.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've got our wedding album/video which I am not getting rid of. Difference is, my new DH has seen everything; no secrets. Red flag for me if I found HIDDEN pix of an ex. I'd say something.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have pictures of my EX, they don't mean anything.
    stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think that you have to talk about it. If it bugs you then talk about it calmly. An open relationship is the only way to go. My dh was engaged before We met and it was very hard to talk about but once it was out there we had a much closer relationship.
    sweetpea_mama

Answer by sweetpea_mama at 12:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have a few photo booth pictures of me and my ex. They're buried in a box, in a bigger box, in the attic. I don't ever feel the need to look, but if I'm every rummaging thru that box (once every couple years) I'll take a glance and reminisce for a moment and move on. I don't dwell on that PAST relationship but I see nothing wrong with remembering since it's made me who I am and led me to where I am today.

Anonymous

• I have pics of my past loves. They are in a box in my closet. So it wouldn't bother me. It is in the past for a reason.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 12:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011