Do you have a friend ........

that is basically a good person. They are clean, and a true friend. One problem....they eat like a pig. I am not kidding. I remember cleaning up less after my son when he was two! The man needs a drop cloth. The first time I thought (it was after a night of some drinks with friends) he was just "buzzed". I was so wrong! How do you tell a 52 year old man he is a pig? I just do everything in my power NOT to have any meals with him...LOL

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 12:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband used to be that way. He was raised in a very permissive home where he was allowed to basically raise himself. Manners were not taught. I refused to go out to eat with him or have him to my home to eat when we were dating. I told him if he wanted to take me to dinner he needed to learn table manners. He asked me to teach him took some time but he learned to not shovel food in like he had never been fed before. Took us a few more years before we went to fine dining restaurants. My fil and bil will be at our home next weekend I already have the tarp out to put under the table since they will drop so much food. I will also practice eating and not looking up so I don't have to watch them chew their food with their mouths open. It really is gross eating with his family.

Anonymous

• I have a friend like that! When we at restaurants she would reach across the table and fork some of your food with her fork that she just put in her mouth. I hate seeing her eat salads she would mix to salad dressing together it looks disgusting. And she always have dirty napkins everywhere. if you reading this sunkist just know that I love you! lol
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ~*Nope*~... just tell him politely, some people are just not aware of how they are... and I've told a man once he had bad breath, he felt horrible, because he'd talk into my face... I remmeber telling him once when we were all watching comedy, and jokingly, and he felt horrible (didn't happen again, and I felt guilty telling him)

But would you rather be the friend that allows a "friend" to walk around with spinach in the teeth or the one that tells them and saves them from making a fool of themselves? True friends are honest and can say it in a respectful way
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes, my darling husband! Lol! He savagely attacks his food, he doesn't "eat". He will pick up a steak (a medium rare steak) and eat it. He smacks SO loud, chews with his mouth wide open. The only problem I have with it is that it's hard to teach our girls table manners when he's sitting next to them eating like a cave man. It's one of his very few flaws so I can deal with it. :)
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Forgot to add- ironically, my exhusband ate the same way.
    dmdblleb

• I keep seeing that....we aren't supposed to "NOT be judgemental of others".

So this doesn't include letting another person eat how they want to or it does? If we are NOT to  judge for tattoos or purple hair or sexual preference" ,,but we are going to judge people for how they eat because we don't like it and it offends us? Hmm

confusedI just keep running into areas where the 'not judging' seems to have gray areas and gray areas just don't work for me.  I say....let the man eat like a pig if he so chooses.  I just won't invite him to dinner.  That pretty much settles it for me. 

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2011