Do you know of anyone who brags about their life and how good it is ?

eye rollingi know of someone who brags shamelessly about the stuff her hubby gets her or does for her. she posts dozens of pics to "illustrate" she posts pics of new carpets, jewelry, new tv, new couch , her new cupboards, shoes,new fire place - etc, etc. i pity her because she is actually making her self appear foolish on facebook. i think she should act like she has been there before KWIM ? do u know of anyone like this ? lol

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh yes. Constant going on about the trips they take, all the things they buy themselves that are nowhere near necessary. They brag to us and we just could not care less. That for some reason only makes them go on more. Then I found out their parents are supporting them. They have no children, both work yet they can't even afford to buy their own groceries or utilities. Or pay for their medical bills. Interesting considering they got thousands in cash when they got married recently. Anyway though, I look at people who brag the same way. It's almost always b.s. and even though we struggle sometimes, our life is better than theirs. It's hard to envy people who still need food bought for them by mom and dad. Trips, tattoos and new cars don't thrill me. Paying my own way means more.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like the woman has some self-esteem issues. Those like her usually do! I have known a few in my life.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think she is incredibly lonely and only validates herself through material things. I would either defriend her or ignore it if it is a problem for you.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 12:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Oh yes. And it disgusting! Only because I know what an a##hole he really is. I just roll my eyes & say whatever. FAKE!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i think she should act like she has been there before --

says who? you don't have to look at her pics, or give ear to her bragging. what she posts on FB is her business; if she knew you were incapable of ever having this 'things' due to financial difficulties, and was specifically targeting you alone, you might have a reason to gripe about her. JMHO, but if its that much of a problem, just defriend her, on FB and IRL.
    or...you could go to her and tell her how her actions make you feel. go as a friend, i mean. if she feels your pain, she might think twice about 'bragging', but i wouldn't count on it. what annoys us most often about other people is how we ourselves react to them. (again, JMHO.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Thankfully I don't know what this is like..but if I did know someone like that I wouldn't associate with them much.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Iknow what you mean but I also agree with dullscissors.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 12:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• sadly i know a ton of people like that and i don't really associate with them because they seem to try to out do everyone around them ... def. self-esteem issues to me
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No opposite here. I have to hear non stop how horrible their life is while people send them money (family) and I watch them blow it on bullshit.

Answer by gemgem at 1:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I know 2 women like this, in 2 different circles of friends.
    I think they do it because they have never had it that way growing up and now that they do thanks to their HUSBANDS income, they flaunt it. It does get frustrating to get together and its a show off game. I got this, I got that, he got me this, he got me that. This is better then so and so's. Ugh shut up, we can all do the same thing too but we chose to be discrete about it.
    With friend no 1 her husband started to argue about it and he got fed up and told her to get a job. She refused and and put him on a spot to a point he told her there is the door, because she threw it in his face that he wasn't supportive in her feeling. I mean wtf? So he said if he is that bad to leave, she did. She returned begging for him to take her back and he did. She's still the same way.
    With friend no 2 her husband noticed she was taking advantage of him, divorce should be granted soon
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 1:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011