What are the best ways to lay while sleeping during your first trimester?

I was sleeping this morning and I went to roll over from one side to another and I had a major cramp in my stomach. Also my boyfriend hates it when I sleep on my stomach because he thinks I'm going to hurt the baby. Therefore, I would love to know how you ladies slept during your pregnancy including during the first trimester.

mama_to_be2012

Asked by mama_to_be2012 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For some strange reason I ALWAYS slept on my left side...It was the only comfortable way for me to sleep. Plus the blood flow is really good for the baby. :)
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Would sleeping on your right side be just as good as sleeping on your left side? Also thank you for the answer
    mama_to_be2012

Comment by mama_to_be2012 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I slept the way I had before getting pregnant - on my belly. By the first trimester the uterus is still below the pubic bone and well protected.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i suppose but i had read somewhere that the blood flow is better on your left side?? I don't know why I forget...it's been 5 years since I was pregnant! but your welcome :)
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Ginger0104, how did you sleep after your first trimester?
    mama_to_be2012

Comment by mama_to_be2012 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It's your first trimester. Just sleep however you are comfortable. There is enough to worry about, don't create new things.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I slept that way until it was no longer uncomfortable. It doesn't matter which side you sleep on unless you have BP issues.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Alright, thank you for your answers I really appreciate it :)
    mama_to_be2012

Comment by mama_to_be2012 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I always slept on my stomach, like I usually do - baby is well protected. I slept that way until I was almost 7 months - then I got a body pillow to lean on and slept on my side.

Answer by missanc at 1:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Missanc, did your OB tell you it was ok if you slept on your stomach and it wont hurt the baby?
    mama_to_be2012

Comment by mama_to_be2012 (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2011