What do you do when you cannot stand to be around your best friends child?

stephensmom26

Asked by stephensmom26 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• i would spend time with her when the kid is at school or on girls night out. i would try my best to avoid the kids.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Well..she isn't my best friend..but she is a friend..

Her son is a terror..

Basically, I just try to avoid her coming to my house as much as possible.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have a friend whose kid is sweet, but gets annoying after a while, and I have major differences of opinion on how she parents him. I found the best way to deal is to not have her to my home often (this way the opinions don't really matter, because he's not at my house to do anything), and to make sure that I limit my time spent with them and spend it places where the kids are off "out of our hair" - parks, playgrounds, skating, etc. When I know that the kid will bug me, say PMS or wake up in a bad mood, I make sure to avoid them.

It sounds kind of mean, but it would be meaner to end up blasting her with how her kid is driving me nuts and she does tons of things I don't agree with and on and on.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Maybe try to spend some time with her son alone? Try to get a better understanding of his "inner terror"! Kids always act different when their parents aren't around. Otherwise, do like the above...avoid!
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 1:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• tell her about her child
    missaprill

Answer by missaprill at 1:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Tell her that you prefer to hang out with just her. Tell her that because she is your best friend that she is important enough that you want to hang out without distractions.

Also tell her that you want at least one friend that you can be with without kids, and that you think it should be her since you are the closest to her.

Finally, make dates out in public with the kids. Take them to McDonalds or a park where they can go away from you guys and play. If she is really your best friend then you can tolerate her child once in a while, right?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011