do you grease the pan or?(fudge making)

im making the jet puffed fudge it says line the pan with foil. should i?
whats the best way so it wont stick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I always use butter. I used foil one time and we couldn't even eat it because it was stuck all in the fudge
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I use foil. You just turn the fudge pan upside down over a plate and it comes right off. I've tried the butter way but it doesn't seem to work as good for me as the foil does.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I do this every year- use the foil. but take the time to make sure it is right up against the walls of the pan. I just finished off a tray of it the other day. yummy!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Use the foil. When you take it out of the pan it will be easy to pull the foil off. I think I'd actually go with the Release foil, it would be even easier.

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• once completely cool, flip pan over onto your clean counter top (my cutting board isn't big enough)

should come right out.

because my recipe has so much butter in it, I have never had to line the pan or use any sort of grease on it.

try lining with saran rap instead of foil though, my mom uses it. something about the foil it will sometimes stick to the fudge and is a pain to pick off.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The foil makes it easier to remove the fudge. You can butter the pan, a very thin coat, by using a paper towel to spread it. Foil, unless it's perfectly smooth, can not only be difficult to separate from the fudge, but it also leaves the surface less than attractive :)

I made some peppermint fudge, and I lightly buttered the pan and sprinkled it with crushed candy canes before pouring the fudge...yum!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I used the foil when I made fudge last week. Press the foil really flat so that it doesn't get all stuck in the fudge and then spray well with Pam.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2008