How many times is too many time to seperate before you realize things just arent going to work out?

Asked by syida at 1:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• i tried it i think three times. the third time was the final time. found out he made two kids with the woman. so i file for divorce and was final 6 months later. you have to figure out how many times you want to keep this up.

Answer by lucky35 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't think that you can put a number on it. When you finally do realize that it isn't going to work, I think you'll feel it inside. One day you might just wake up and say "enough is enough." Could be the next separation...or 5 from now, or at a time when you aren't even separated at all. That is really the only advice I can give. Good luck hun.

Answer by mommydinasaur at 1:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• 1. Once you actually make the decision to separate that should be it. It should only be done as an absolutely last resort. Back and forth makes it way too confusing for the kids!

Answer by missanc at 1:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think it just depends on why, for how long, and is unique to each seperation. For me, I would say maybe 3 times.

Answer by smushy79 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• 3 strikes.....your out!

Answer by stephensmom26 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• 2 or 3. Especially if there are children involved because then you are modeling an unstable relationship. Kids grow up to copy thier parents relationships, so think about what you would want your daughter to do and then do it yourself.

Answer by amber710 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree with all of you. Thankfully we have no children living in the house. They are all grown up and on their own.

Comment by syida (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011