CPS Exposed - Senator Schaefer spoke out against "Child Protective Service"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AwaWOurbpc&feature=player_embedded

Please watch this link, it really opened my eyes to what is going on with CPS..

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 1:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• CPS should be shut down and closed up....as a child i was put in foster care the abuse i recieved in foster was twenty times worse than that at home....I pay everyday for cps mistakes,, one of the foster fathers' beat me in the head with a baseball bat bc i would not have sex with him and then he took me down the rd and drop me in a ditch.....you know who saved me...My father (on parole for murder) was driving down that road to a friends and caught sight of a the sparkles on my jacket that he bought me. rush me to the er and i was in a coma for six months...what happen to the foster family? he and his wife lose their foster care licence for teens for one month but were given their license to foster new-borns to 2 year olds....WTF!!!!????!!! Cps lied to my mother and said i had refuse to see her and told my father if he said a word he would never see me again and they would have him charged for kiddnapping me. HATE CPS!!!
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• If they would do away with anonymous reports it would help a lot. It would help even more if they punished people who called in false reports ~ particularly when there is a bad divorce in the works or a neighbor fued situation going on.

But, overall, it hasn't done what they expected. At this point I believe it does far more harm than good.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Dont need to see the link, I know what kind of bull goes on with CPS. I honestly, dont trust them to do do the right thing & make the correct choices.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• After having spent 10 yrs with CPS, I must call BS. The work load is tremendous and some of the horrors you witness tend to lead you to becoming homicidal. That is why the burnout rate is 5 years.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Minnesotanice we get it your perfect as are your friends.lol Seriously you make every post about you.lol
    Anonymous

• There are suppose to be 'guidelines' in place to prevent CPS being used as a 'revenge' tool. People would make a report causing CPS to have to investigate. Once in the system, it is hard to get off their radar. I think that there was a time that CPS might have been needed, but once they became so powerful and there was nothing the 'targeted' could do about it, it became a gestapo agency. Probable cause is a joke with these people. They take calls from teens who are just mad that mom and/or dad said no. One of my students told CPS that her dad groped her because he took her cell phone. She later admitted it, but the damage is done. CPS makes 'spot' visits to their home and there was never any issue.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• From what little we have seen (husband's job as OIC, deputy, and Commander in military) CPS appears to be more destructive and counter productive in more ways than they are helpful.... My opinion is they need a complete overhaul.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• CPS workers don't act alone. Children can only be removed with permission of the courts and the actions, including every piece of parerwork they file are governed by the law. If you don't like what happens at CPS look to our legal system or talk to the people who make our laws.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• mel you must have had a close encounter with them to know that...
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes sevearl, not to mention all the things in the news about them anyway. Taking children away from good homes for no reason, not taking children away from homes or investigating on homes where children are being hurt (this was me), not checking in on their foster families (my step grandparents are foster parents & hate to say it but they shouldnt be allowed to have these kids), allowing repeat offender parents have their children back (I have a friend who fosters & this happened), etc.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011