Coupon & EBT question

On my similac coupons that I have, it says "Coupon not valid for product reimbursed, in whole or in part, under Medicare, Medicaid, or similar government programs"

Does that mean that I can not use them with my EBT card? I'm trying to make my FS go further, but I don't want to get up there and not be able to use my coupons.

( If you feel the need to be rude, please don't answer. We're only temporarily on them and I hate it but we need it to feed the kids right now)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• My guess would be no but you won't know until you try I suppose. Is there a # you can call?
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't believe you can use coupons with your EBT card.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• call the store and ask.

But it does sound like no!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No, what it means is that if you used it with a program that was going to pay you back the full price of the item (there are several that do) you would essentially be stealing.
    Using it with EBT is no different than using it if you were shopping with cash. EBT is a spending account that you use as you see fit to buy groceries, stretching it as far as you can is always a good idea.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• YES you can use coupons with EBT!!!! OMFG.

In some states you pay a 2-5 cent tax on coupons tendered when using an EBT account. That is all.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Ask the customer service desk at your local store before starting your shopping.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Um just noticed someone is voting down answers, really?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You should be able to use them with your EBT, just not a WIC check or things like that I think. You can also call the EBT number and ask, they should know.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• YES YOU CAN!! I have a girl in my couponing group that uses coupons and ebt. She uses formula coupons just fine!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• the way its worrded sounds like it means with wic
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011