Aztec

im not exactly sure what tribe im from but i just know im aztec. when asked for race, do i put native american?? or just leave it at hispanic? im also mexican. and aztecs did live in mexico

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Aztec civilization is completely gone, but descendants of Aztecs, who are now Latin Americans, do still exist.

So, I'd go with Mexican...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Samurai, I wouldn't ever say that if you go to Mexico! The Modern Aztecs are very in touch with their heritage and proud of it. They also happen to be the largest Aboriginal Group in Mexico City, numbering over a Million people!

Now, that said, they are considered to be Aboriginal Mexican or Native Mexican. Since that usually isn't a choice on paperwork, I would go with Mexican or Hispanic, whichever you are most comfortable with, both would be correct.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The Aztecs lived in what's now Mexico City. Here in Mexico they would be considered part of the Mexican indigenous population. I'd personally go with Hispanic or Latin American.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree that you would probably put Mexican or hispanic. I know it gets confusing lol. I am german and italian haha
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2011