Needing other stories like mine

okay well im a first time single mother,and up to 22 weeks i had the perfect pregnancy,everything was good more like great! untill i went for my ultrasound,and they told me my kid had a cyst on his brain,now all i do is stress and cry and i feel like ive failed cause only i was able to protect my baby and i hear this,i read some stuff up online but i feel like it hasnt put my mind at ease yet,im very young im 20 years old and i dont want stress like this especially my first pregnancy,everything was fine except he might only also have one kidney but its big so they said its really not an issue and when i went his spine was just finishing its development ,so i wanna know if theres other stories like mine,the good and the bad i wanna be prepared for when i go to my next ultrasound

angiiexo

Asked by angiiexo at 1:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hugs

stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Choroid Plexus Cyst? If so, I really wouldn't worry unless it doesn't go away, and they usually do.You should know by the third trimester.

My first pregnancy I was told my son had CPC, and that he could possibly be born with DS, or Trisomy 18. Wanted me to have an amnio, but refused. Was going through the the pregnancy. My suggestion is, to not research it. You will flip out and worry yourself sick with this pregnancy.

I did not get to enjoy my first pregnancy at all. Feel like I was robbed of what was supposed to be one of the happiest times in my life.

My son is 9, and a healthy, nerdy, silly boy.

I'm sure your baby will be fine too.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I do not know about this...but i do know that i was a young scared single mom when iwas 19......with what that said was my downs baby. He came out with no problems at all.
    I will send my thoughts and prayers to u for the time! GL mama!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 2:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• thats just it every story i heard of about this it ended up going away,but i cant help but worry still,my next ultrasound is july 15 ill be about 30 weeks thanks everyone
    angiiexo

Comment by angiiexo (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have never heard anything like this just wanted to say good luck and I am very sorry you have to go through this! First pregnancy is so scary with no problems so very sad you have to have this to fear...
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 10:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Try not to stress out! I am a first time mom as well, I am a little over 28 weeks pregnant. When I went to my 20 week ultrasound they were taking forever and not showing the me screen at all. After an hour long ultrasound and about 30minutes of waiting, 2 doctors came in and told that baby may have down syndrome and I had to go to the fetal assessment unit right away to get a more in depth ultrasound. So I went immediately to get the next ultrasound, this time she let me look at the screen the whole time. She spent another 1 hour looking at my baby and measuring everything, and then offered me an amnio, which I declined. I just had another ultrasound yesterday and they are saying she looks great and may even be 10 days ahead of schedule. Just remember they making educated guesses. So try not to stress too much and now everything works out in the end! Try to be positive!
    catieb

Answer by catieb at 11:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2011