Looking for quick and easy ground beef recipes.

I have 3 pounds thawing but no idea what to do with it. I don't want to mess with the grill or the oven (way too hot for that tonight). Any ideas?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 1:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Taco salad! My mum made it this way and so do I. Get a bag of dorito chips, dice up some tomatoes, shred some cheese and lettuce and cook the hamburger. place in one big bowl and crush the chips not to small though and add some salsa or hot sauce if u want.
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 2:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• One of my moms recipes - ground beef, can of tomato soup, some grated velveeta cheese, and rotini pasta. Cook the pasta and the ground beef, then mix it all together in a casserole dish, bake at 350 until the cheese melts. We used to have it with varying amounts of cheese and beef depending on what my mom had in the house. It's not all that healthy, but it filled us up!

Answer by missanc at 2:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't have a plan for cooking it, that's what I'm looking for. Basically, I will have an hour and a half to prepare dinner and have all of us eat tonight. So I need something nice and quick (c:
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Tator Tot casserole or porcupine meatballs.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The Taco Salad thing sound kind of like what we do with a bake... pre-cook meat, with taco seasoning.. add all that plus cilantro and bake
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• tacos, hamburgers, stuffed peppers, meatloaf, might sound strange but every good it take ground hamburger and add to mashed pts along with creamed corn and stir together and top with cheese and then melt in the oven, hamburger helper, mini burgers in gravy, hamburger pizza is a good one, meatballs for spagetti or just make meatballs and then add a couple of sides. then extras can freeze for later.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ^That sounds delicious!

You could always cook it up and mix it with mac and cheese.

And there's always the Poor Man's Fried Rice. Ground beef fried up with rice, green onions, a couple of eggs, and soy sauce.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yep, tacos or taco salad.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• missanc thats sounds like goulash that we make it's a great italian meal
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Brown ground beef, make a box or 2 or beef Rice a Roni and combine once rice is done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011