I have noticed that it seems like cafemom moms are no fun...

especially with what their husbands can and can't do

-no porn
-no pictures of exes
-no masturbation w/o my express permission while i am watching
-no going out with friends'
-no locking your cell phone
-I will check your internet history to make sure you are not looking at anything I don't think your eyes should see
- no drinking, sleeping on the couch, watching football

the list could go on..
I feel sorry for a lot of husbands.. too many rules, no wonder they can't win...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• My mid 50 year old husband does not have time to do any of the things on that list. He's to busy working 80+ hours a week, traveling and planning for retirement. Aside from working, family and exercise, he's pretty tapped out.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• arguingI agree!

stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My husband watches sport... football, basketball, baseball, hockey... and I tease him that he's why we have all boys! Hahaha

My husband isn't into cheating on me, or abusing people, he has never done drugs, might have a drink once a year... and doesn't feel the need to lower himself to fit in with those that would probably drag him down? I am glad my husband isn't a horror story like I read every time I come to CafeMom... he's absolutely amazing! And I wouldn't change him, why I chose him
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't need to control my husband. He has no photos of his exs, he does not watch porn, he never locks his phone, he rarely uses the computer, He plays video games after work, hangs out with his friends when he wants to, and helps me with our boys and the house!
    Oh and he hates drinking! His mom was a drunk so he never wants to go there! My husband is the best and I don't need to keep him on a leash!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have to agree, sometimes I will read, "I will not allow" and I cringe when I see this, I would never think I have the power to allow or not! nor would I want it!

Answer by older at 2:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My husband doesn't do most of the things you listed, except I don't not "allow" him to and I don't check his history, it's his choice - but most of his friends tell me he's very lucky and he's quite happy with me. Maybe we just define fun differently.

Answer by missanc at 2:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It does seem like we have some control freaks on here. Personally, I don't care about any of these, my hubby is a grown man and I surely don't want to be his momma (or have him think he needs to control me like this either!).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My Dh has no rules...what kind of a wife would I be if i said NO YOU CANNOT HANG WITH THAT PERSON or whatever. I don't check my dh internet history or none of that stuff. I respect his privacy as he does to me. We trust each other...but i agree some things i have read are like wow.
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Heh. I think that's true in some cases, but there are the other ones who MORE than make up for it with their fun. Everyone does things differently, and while I DO cringe at some "rules" and points of view in relationships, I don't know that I'd necessarily make a blanket statement about Mothers of the Cafe on ANY subject. Don't feel sorry for the guys - they've made their own decisions. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 2:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I guess I haven't been on here long enough to notice what you're referring to. I don't put any of those rules on my husband. We are free spirited people.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 2:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2011