33 wks and having contractions....Mothers with premies please send me your stories!

This is my first pregnancy YAY ;) Yesterday morning i noticed that my tummy was very tight and i was having a hard time determining if they where just practice or the real deal or even knowing if i was even having a contraction or it was in my head. So I had my girlfriend come over who has had a baby and to help me figure out if they where true contractions or not. She ended up taking me to the hospital and in fact i was having contractions 3 mins apart and my Blood pressure was up. So they gave me a shot to stop my contractions and sent me home. This morning Im feeling the same way as yesterday ...has this happened to anyone else? Did they just give you the shot again and send you on your way, or what? How where your little bundles of joy born this early did they have to stay in the hospital for long did they have complications? Thank you for your input!!

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 2:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My twins were born at 33 weeks. They had given me the shot, but it didn't work at stopping my labor, and my babies were born that day. They were pretty good, even though they were tiny, and their lungs were not matured yet. They spent three weeks in the NICU. One of them, her lung collapsed, but they were able to fix it and she was fine in about 8 hours. She was the one that actually got to come home a day before her sister. Their biggest issue was apnea bradycardia, where they would forget to breath and their heart rates would drop. Now they are five and you would NEVER in a million years believe they were born that early. They are perfectly healthy little girls! Good luck to you!!!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• actually i was a premy i was born 3 months ealry
    hopeful_mommy_

Answer by hopeful_mommy_ at 2:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I went into labor with my son at 34weeks......they gave me a shot sent me home...i had to return 2 days later and was put in the hospital and on restriction with magnisium and bp meds, I gave birth(Csection) to my son at 37weeks....thats as long as they could hold him and Me off.
    i have a friend who just had her baby at 26weeks...and the doctors say he is doing great...and mama got released the other day. The technology and the brains that they have today im sure they will hold u off as long as they can......and help u thru this. GL mama!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• if you think your in labor again u need to get ur butt to the ER.. if u can stop the baby comin early then do it...
    Anonymous

• my nephew was born at 7 months.. he wasnt cry when he came out and was purple.. You cant tell now!! hes such a little handful
    Anonymous