My 27 year old boyfriend will not look for a job and continues to live off of his parents money.

My boyfriend and I have been dating a little over two years. Throughout that time he has been in and out of telephone sales jobs, more out of. He hates the work but won't look for anything else. He was depending on his mom to send us money to make rent every month, until she cut him off and we had to both move back into our parents houses. Which is very embarrassing. I love him and I told him I would stay with him, hoping that he would hate it at his parent's house and try to find a job to get out of there. Well it's been three months, I got a new job and am looking for a second, while signing up for school. He has not once lifted a finger to look for a job and claims it's because he is too busy working for his Dad. He isn't even getting paid by his Dad, so we can barely do anything. He has always paid for everything for me but it's not his money. I constantly ask him to look for a job and he always says "I will" but doesn't.

HollyShelly123

Asked by HollyShelly123 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Your question is...?? I'll guess at the question...what should you do, right? My response...Dump him, people don't change b/c of marriage. So unless you see something drastic in the next few months, dump him.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• What's your question, Holly? To be honest, he would be "ex" by now if I was in your shoes.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• He would no longer be my bf, he sounds lazy.

Answer by missanc at 2:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Sounds like my son's father- I'd say get out now while you still can!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• That would me my clue to finding someone else.....

Answer by older at 2:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• He doesn't seem to have any motivation or goals. This guy has it too easy at his parents. Maybe it's time for a break.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would leave him, he's lazy & you have no secure future with a man like that. Dump him hun there's better men out there REAL men!
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Well, thank God you're seeing the real BOY you're dealing with before getting into marriage with him. Unless you want this to be the story of your life permanently, I would advise you to first of all, get rid of the "dead weight", then, work & get your education & wait for a real man to come along. Don't settle for just anyone. Wait for the quality you deserve.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Refuse to have sex with him. When he asks why, tell him that:

a) Lazy assholes have never been a turn-on for you.
    b) The main side effect of Sex is Babies, and you sure as shooting don't want to breed with a fellow who won't get off the dime, so he can spank it and like it...unless of course he thinks that's too much work.
    c) You have more self-esteem than required to resist pleasuring someone who apparently wouldn't look for a job if one was crammed up his ass.
    d) Sex with him isn't so fantabulous as to qualify him as a gigolo, so if he thought he was getting paid for it, he'd better up his game in a major way.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't stay with anyone that isn't grown up enough to toe the line for themselves. It sounds like he has no responsibility, but he never will as long as mommy bails him out each time. Letting him move back home bailed him out again. And if you stay with him, you are the one with the job, he will expect you to do it too. If you refuse, you can sure as heck bet that he will start comparing you to his mother and you are going to be on the losing end. Requirements I have for a man 1. Have a job. 2. Have a decent running car (decent, doesn't have to be new or anything, but not the latest junk pulled from a junk yard). 3. Be living on your own, not in mommy's house.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011