Were you named after anyone?

I was named (sort of) after my great grandma (whose middle name was margarite) and grandma (susan)... my mom slightly altered each name a little and out came megan suzanne :)

were you named after anyone? a family member? friend? tv character? nurse who delivered you? :)

flamingomegs

Asked by flamingomegs at 2:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Baby Names

• My middle name is Charlotte after my amazing grandmother.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My name came from the show bwitch Samantha daughter name was Tabitha. My mom said I was nameless for 3 days and she was watching the show and said I like that...so my name is Tabitha lol
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• LOL the song by looking glass "Brandy"
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When I was three my middle name was changed to my great grandmother's first name. And that's now the first half of my daughter's first name.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My dad's favorite cousin is a woman named Annie. He assumed it was a nickname and named me Ann.

Came to find out many years later it wasn't a nickname. I'll stick with my version.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Not exactly. I am child #2. My Grandma's 1st name is Kay, then they gave Kae to my Mom for her middle name, and then I got it. So I guess that is halfway named after someone. Or....we could go with Jennifer as my first name and I can think of A LOT of people I was named after....
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 2:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My mom liked the name of a country (why I don't know) and she combined it with my g-grandma's name to create a very unique name that no one can seem to pronounce.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My mom's middle name is Susanna, and she went to high school with a girl who was beautiful named Suzanne. My name is Suzanne. My middle name, Eileen, is my great-grandmother's name.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Not my first name (that I know of) but my parents let my sister pick my middle name. (guess they went with middle in case it was off the wall) She picked Diane after her baby sitters daughter.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My middle name is my mother's first name.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2011