What would you think if your babysitter ...

was always in her pjs and never fixed her hair or makeup ?

When i first met her I kept thinking about how pretty she was ! She had her makeup all perfect, her hair just right and she wore nice comfortable clothes, also her house was always in excellent condition.

Well it has been a year and for the last few months I think she has become depressed or something, her house isnt as nice anymore ( she still cleans, but not anywhere near like it use to be) , her hair is always messy ( pilled ontop of her head with pieces falling down) , I cant remember the last time she wore makeup , and she always has sloppy pjs on ( and I mean SLOPPY) ... she has also gained a bit of weight ( like has to be atleast 30 pounds just since winter time)

My son hasnt said anything about her treating him differently and her kids still seem as happy as ever, but I am actually a little worried, i really care about her ( she is the best babysitter i have ever found) ... but on the other hand we dont really have the type of relationship to where I can ask her what is up with her sloppyness ...

what would you do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• if she is a good provider and doing a good job then I'd say leave it alone
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would just straight up tell her you have noticed some changes in her in a nice way of course and ask her if there is anything going on you could help with...
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 2:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• maybe its time you cross that boundary and sit down and get to know her a little better.. sounds like she needs a friend.. if not find a new babysitter..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• She might just be getting comfortable after knowing you for so long.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Maybe she is bored of the same ole same ole or maybe she has gotten too comfortable with her lifestyle.
    First of all this is her home maybe she had it nice looking to impress you, her appearance same thing but at the same time she is in her home and why dress up and put make up on if she is only gonna be at home. But then again it could be anything I don't see nothing wrong asking about her well being just let her know you were concern I mean the kids still like her but you notice something different about her maybe you could help. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• - Maybe the 1st year she was keeping it all together to look good. You 2 have gotten comfortable. You know she takes good care of kid. So she has relaxed & dont have to keep that "front" up all the time.
    -What about her mood. Does she still smile the same. Have the same attitude?

Id say do something to show some appreciation. Do you ever give her a $ bonus? Or a small gift/card for holidays/birthdays? Have your son make something for her...
    If you can one day see if she would like to go out to lunch with you at a local popular place to eat to show appreciation (and to also see how she is & maybe start a friendship)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Well, ask the kids if she seems ok or has treated them badly. If she hasnt then it isnt really your problem. If you are still worried about her as a person then just mention to her that she has seemed upset and withdrawn lately.

Ask if everything is ok and tell her that she can talk to you and let you know if there is anything you can do for her. Add in that you appreciate what great care she has provided your kids with and that you are just trying to look out for her in return.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• as long as she isn't abusing your kids, how she looks isn't your business. she is at home wants to be comfortable and that's that. i would let it go if you still want a babysitter
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011