How did you choose your babys name?

How did you decide on your babys name? It took us all the way up until we almost had all 3 of ours to decide on their names..

CMBurrell

Asked by CMBurrell at 2:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Baby Names

• My husband named them... the deal I gave him was that if we had a boy he would name them, and he got his boys... they are half his kids' so I don't see why not
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My husband loved the name lilyen and my best frinds middle name is angelique so we named her lilyen angelique then with my 2nd dd i like Raeyli and my husband liked May raeyli is also mine and my hubbs name put together and her middle name is a spin off of my daddys middle name Jay with the first name initial haha
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 2:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• We made a huge list of names and kept going over it. We had narrowed down the first name, DH wanted Jack, and I wanted Jonah. We decided we'd see what he was like when he was born. He's very mellow, and when I was in recovery from my c-section, DH looked at me and said, "He's not a Jack, is he?" I said, "Nope!" So Jonah it is. Brian is my brother's name, and that's his middle name. He has two middle names, the second is my MIL's maiden name, which DH has as a second middle name (Shimoda). There's a lot of family history going back to Samurais in the Shimoda bloodline, so it's been passed down.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I gave her a name that I loved and a name whose meaning I liked. I would have liked her first name to be the one that I've always loved, but it sounded better to the ear the other way around. We call her by both names... some family/friends prefer her first name and call her by that and others call her by her middle name. She prefers being called by her middle name.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• we wanted a name that was unique but not scarring and unpronounceable/unspellable, especially because our last name is extremely common. we chose fischer for our son's first name and dean for his middle name, after my uncle who passed away a few years ago.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 2:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I teach high school so it was hard to come up with names that did not remind me of students. For our DD, we liked the character Abby from the TV show NCIS, well we liked it so much we named her Abby. Our DS was a little harder. We ended up naming him after my Godparents.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 3:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• We decided before we ever concieved that all their first names would be biblical and all their middle names would be after family.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I picked my daughter's name Kayleigh from a song of the same name by a band called Marillion, back in the 80's.
    maggiebgood

Answer by maggiebgood at 11:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Though I haven't told anyone but my mom my baby name choices...I choose them because they just felt right they were the only names that jumped out at me and seemed to fit that little person inside of me whether it be boy/girl. Ya know just that feeling you can get that this one is the right one I got that feeling.
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Middle names are family names.

First names are named we liked and we agreed on.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011