Liar Liar Pants on Fire!

I have been with a guy for almost 2 years and love him with all my heart and can't imagine ever leaving him,he is so very sweet and the most caring man i've ever met, and we are actually planning on getting married in October, but he has lied to me more than a few times throughout our relationship and the last time I told him lieing to me was a deal breaker in my eyes and just recently he told me the biggest and worse lie he ever has and I am so torn on how to handle this or what to do!? Please any and all advice will be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry, but I wouldn't marry him. Besides communication, trust is very important. It almost goes hand in hand. And if you continue to stay it's like telling him that it's ok and he will continue because he knows you will forgive him.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• it sounds like you already know what you need to do.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm sorry to say this, but lying is not a good way to start a marriage. The lies WILL continue.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Don't marry him!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Reread your own post. You answer your own question with your "deal breaker" phrase.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• He has committed the "deal-breaker" on more than one occassion. Stick to your guns and hit the door running.... GL
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Say what you mean and mean what you say. If you told him it's a deal breaker then it's a deal breaker. End it. Compulsive liars won't stop lying. If you stay then accept he's going to continue to lie to you.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Like with a child; you gave the consequence and now you have to stand by it. Or he'll never put credence in anything you say and he'll walk all over you for your entire relationship. I'd break the deal now.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011