C section scars

Are C section scars as bad as everyone acts?? Is the recovery that bad?

Rohrig

Asked by Rohrig at 8:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• One if my girlfriends just had a C-section and she took very well of it she thought that she will have a nasty scar but she has been putting cocoa butter and it looks really a small scar it really depends if you take care of the scar.
    MommyG203

Answer by MommyG203 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I agree you have to take care of it. I don't think they are that bad though. My mom had 3 c-sections and her's is small. I'm not sure about recovery.
    myfirstbaby903

Answer by myfirstbaby903 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Massaging any scare every day will help break up the keloid tissue in it and reduce or eliminate the scar all together.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Scar isn't that bad and I actually had an easier time with recovery from a c section than a vaginal birth (have had both). After vaginal delivery couldn't sit or really walk for a few days (sitting a little longer) but with a c section I was up cleaning my hospital room the day after...lol
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 9:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• i've had 2 c-sections and i can tell you i really didn't know what to expect. but afterwards you are very uncomfortable for the first couple of days,and want to wear loose clothing,nothing thats real tight,and don't try to do to much for the first week or so afterwards,believe me you'll regret it. and my scar isn't bad at all it looks like a piece of fishing line. the only thing is, i still have some numbness around the scar,they say thats normal.
    juka0306

Answer by juka0306 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I had a c section and I thought the scar would be horrible and it's not. Mine is only about four inches in length and it's low in my pubic region so even in my smallest of bikinis you can't even tell I have it.
    Brittanyvw

Answer by Brittanyvw at 10:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I had two C-Sections... both bikini line cuts.. Recovery was great at 19, but a little more difficult at 23... I have to say the scar is not bad.. it does still itch from time to time though...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I have had 2 c-sections and the recovery for the first was worse. The 2nd one was a breeze. The best advice is to get up and get moving as soon as you can even if it is painful. Support your stomach with a pillow and that helps a lot. I am a nurse and it is a proven fact that recovery takes a lot longer if you do not get up and move. You will feel better afterwards. My scar is not bad at all. Before I got pregnant this time you could barely even see my scar. I did nothing special-just cleansed with soap and water. I also have some numbness around the edges but it is from nerve damamge and it is normal.
    april97

Answer by april97 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• the first 2 days after are bad very sore.. pain pills helped and i felt good after 3 to 4 days and was healed and back to work at 4 weeks my scar is low slightly into my pubic hairline and very light and thin
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 11:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• it also depends on how ell the physician does the cut. Although mine is light, almost invisible in most places, the edge is very thick and dark, and i still have pain occassionally after 9 months. Overall, it isn't that bad though.
    Gaaeia

Answer by Gaaeia at 4:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2008