How do you tell if it is amniotic fluid?

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and have been cramping in my lower abdomen all day. About 2 hours ago my panties began to feel wet- in the middle further towards the back there is a wet spot on my panties about a half dollar in size- it smells sweet almost clean smelling. There is no CM (eggwhite, snotty, nothing like that) just a wet spot in my panties. I can feel something 'leaking' or dripping- sorry TMI- when I lay back in my chair at work. Is it just normal discharge or should I call the doctor? I have a history of pre-term labor.

BillieJean0401

Asked by BillieJean0401 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call your dr
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Definitely call your Dr.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 2:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Cal ur doctor. Usually if its sweat smells like sweat....if its pee..smells like urine.....they docs to do a simpe swab and they can tell u what it is.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i have the same thing an it smells sweet an has goopy stuff in it i have been told that the plug so it might be the same with u but i would all the doc it doesnt hurt to call.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 3:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Well, I'm only 22 weeks so it better not be my plug! There is no 'goop' involved with this! Only my wet panties since 11 this morning- 3 hours straight now! I do not think it is urine, I don't think I would be constantly peeing on myself for almost 3 hours!
    BillieJean0401

Comment by BillieJean0401 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i had the same problem and told my dr. he checked me but never said what it was so i assumed it was normal...but everyones different so i would check with the dr.
    nicole_1996

Answer by nicole_1996 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• the same thing happened to me so i called my doctor and she had me go to labor and delivery and they checked and i was fine
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2011