How soon is to soon?

my daugher is 3 in a half months old and i am going ou of town, leaving her for the first time for two whole night. im freaking out and i honestly dont wanna leave her.
is it to soon to leave her?
when did u first leave your baby?
how did you cope with it ?

liv3laughlov3

Asked by liv3laughlov3 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, wow, you're brave! DH and I had our first night away when DS was about 16 months. I cried when we called DS in the morning! We had SUCH a nice night away, though. It was worth it, we needed it. You'll be okay, mama. It's hard for sure, but you'll be alright. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My baby was 10 months old.
    Usually I wait until they're at least a year old.
    IMO 3 months is too young but if it's unavoidable it's unavoidable...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I started when my youngest was about 1.5 months old. Sometimes it really is unavoidable. Just feel confident that you've picked the safest place for her to stay, and that you can make it up to yourself and her both with extra cuddles when you get home.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I went away for 4 days when dd was 6 months old... it doesn't matter when and how, she will be fine and so will you. My pedi told me, did you mom NEVER leave you, he said I assume she did leave you and you are fine, right? well yes, I am fine. lol

I did stock up the breastmilk for her and had a supplemental formula- just in case and I pumped in the airport bathroom once to relieve myself and pumped in the hotel room- had a great time and she got to bond w/ family- and at 6 months she was too young to even care that someone else was stilling all her sugars. :) and she is 6 now and certainly doesn't remember it.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My oldest was 8 the first time I went away overnight. The only other times was to have other children. My youngest is now 8 and I don't ever go overnight without her. I don't feel there is a need to take a vacation without your children so don't ever leave them.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I was a road warrior for work when my son was an infant. He did far better than I did. Lugging a breastpump around is a pain in the tuckus.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My dd will be 6 months in july.. and I can't leave her for too long.. but thats just me.. You gotta do what you gotta do.. try and not worry too much.. my friend has been having her daughter go over night since she was just a month or two..she said it gets easier and its a nice break :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 7:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thank you everyone,
    liv3laughlov3

Comment by liv3laughlov3 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2011