Pregnant, Tear on uterus wall

I'm pregnant with baby #3, 7 weeks pregnant. I went to the ER friday because i had been having horrible stomach pain on my left side, they did an ultrasound and found that the baby is where its supposed to be but there is a tear an my uterus wall that's causing me to bleed internally. This pain started last Wednesday and I still have it, no matter what i do it wont seem to go away and my gyno never says much when i call and ask her what to do. Anyone had this problem before?

Malibu1979

Asked by Malibu1979 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm thinking we're missing something here. Sometimes care providers think they are explaining things in a way you can understand when really they are just confusing the issue. If there was a tear in your uterine wall at 7 weeks there would be no hope for the pregnancy to continue, and you would have had to abort to save your life. So I'm thinking that maybe you have a subchorionic hemorrhage or an unexplained uterine bleed and NOT a rupture.

If that's the case, these pregnancies can go on to be perfectly healthy, mine did. I think you need to get some clarification from your doctor.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes, placenal abruption is what it is called- if I am reading right what you are saying.

Research it.

They won't talk to you much, because its not a "problem pregnancy" until 13 weeks- then they can send you for invasive Ultrasounds and such, right now it is still possible miscarriage.

2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Placental abruption is something totally different situation, and a different organ. Uterine tears require surgery to repair.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• 2teens, at 7 weeks there is no placenta to speak of. I mean... it's kind of there, but it's in the very early stages of development and won't start to function for several more weeks. That's why at this stage it's most likely a subchorionic hemorrhage.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• subchorionic hemorrhage.is what it was your right. drs are trying to get me in for a ultrasound within the next day or two due to the pain
    Malibu1979

Comment by Malibu1979 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Subchorionic hemorrhage just means that there is bleeding under where the placenta is forming. It's very common. The pain could be anything, and is probably not related to the hemorrhage. My guess is constipation, bowel obstruction, gas, ovarian cyst...
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I had the same problem with mine at 9 weeks pregnant. Just no pain at all. I was on bed rest for three months until everything healed. My son was born at 39 weeks very healthy. I don't know what to do about the pain since like I said I had none. But do try to take it easy and I don't know if they put you on bed rest but if you can I suggest staying off your feet as much as possible. Good luck to you. I hope you get some relief from the pain soon.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011