My DD will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall. Any good books I can read with her to help her get ready?

tracimed

Asked by tracimed at 3:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My child's preschool teacher gave them a great book for their preschool graduation. It talks about a little girl getting ready to start kindergarten and how she is scared and what she should do to prepare. Mine loved it. It is called The Night before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing.
    stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My daughter is starting kindergarten too and I got these from the school on getting kindergartens ready. One side you read and the other side she reads. http://www.webothread.com/server/TreasureBay/website/main/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=2
    .JuneDiva629.

Answer by .JuneDiva629. at 3:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• dora, franklin, beanstien bears has some first day of school books. The bookstores will come out with all the first day of school books right before school starts.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I can't remember the author's name but my daughter loved the book "First Day, Hooray!" Also it helps to take them to the school....show them the playground and tell them that they'll get to play there at recess..that really got my daughter excited to go. Good luck!
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Can't say I know any specific book but I'd make sure she can write her name, count and write her alphabet and numbers to 50 or 100. Working on the days of the week and calendar are good to prepare her as well.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Also make sure she can tie her own shoes, and take care of her own bathroom needs!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• There are a lot of reading lists for that age that you can find I bet.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Biscut goes to school
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011