I feel so stupid...?

People are making me feel extra stupid because I don't know much about ovulation.
Maybe I SHOULD read up on how the cycles of pregnancy works... I have PCOS...so I have a period once every 3 or 4 months, but it's never consistent with my time frames...I stay on them for 5 maybe 6 days, and This makes Day 5 since i just got off my last MC. My fiance and I have been doing "it" like crazy and now even though I have been off...I am getting this white gooey looking mucus excreting from my vagina. (I am young, so anyone who chooses to answer my questions, keep in mind I need to know this stuff...bear with me and stop being hateful towards me. Asking questions doesn't make me stupid!) Please tell me what this means...(it's been 5 days, and these pains are becoming VERY uncomfortable. abdominal, nausea, muscle aches...etc.)
=/

blueydblond

Asked by blueydblond at 8:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• my SIL has PCOS. her fertility special put her on birth control to regulate her period. once it's been regular and the test for if she's ovulating normally on them come back positive, they are going to have her stop the pills for a cycle and actively TTC.

talk to your GYN about it. they'll be able to give you a better list of options.

HTH! and best of luck to you!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My SIL just got diagnosed with this and they gave her pills to help not BC but I'm not sure what it is exactly. And others on here have said that you get a egg yolky looking discharge from your vagina when you are ovulating.
    Anonymous

• It is not egg yolk it is egg white consistence. 

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The whitish gooey discharge generally happens after ovulation. It is the cervical mucous thickening and becoming acidic and "cleansing' the vagina. A good tell tale signfor ovulation is to moniter the mucous for consistancy and "stretchyness" .during ovulation the clear mucous should stretch between your index finger and thumb about two inches before seperating. Are you even working with an obgyn yet? Email me and i'll tell you more info about ovulating. i'm twenty years old and can probably explain things to you easily. Dramaqueen4fun@aol.com
    dramaqueen4fun

Answer by dramaqueen4fun at 10:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i have PCOS im 20 years old my hubby and i have also been TTC and i also get the things your saying the only thing i dont get is i have my period every month my OBGYN has me on Medicne for the PCOS if you want to know alittle more you can message me
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 2:17 AM on Dec. 15, 2008