Does it annoy you when...

Your neighbors are constantly asking to borrow things? I like my neighbors and all but they usually come over 2 or 3 times a day to borrow something! This past week they have borrowed our can opener about 4 times! I just keep thinking a can opener is not that expensive, why can't you just buy your own? They make more money than us and have a smaller family, and yet they are always coming over bc they ran out of toilet paper, or milk, or sugar, or flour, and they don't have money to buy more. Maybe if you hadn't gone a gotten a brand new truck you might be able to buy those necessities when you run out.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 3:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Wow, that would be ANNOYING!! How inconsiderate! I'd start locking the door, and saying, sorry, but I had to wipe my OWN kid's butt with my TP, and my can opener is being repaired. Their priorities are messed up, but as long as they CAN rely on someone else, they will, and they'll keep bugging you and spending their money on cars while they can. Eventually, when they're hungry and can't get food from neighbors, they'll figure it out. Glad you're not going to have to deal with that anymore!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes and I wouldn't allow it, go borrow a bunch of crap from them so it will stop...lol
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• That is CRAZY. Never heard of such a thing...odd odd people. Tell them they need to hit the grocery store.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Stop opening the door whenthey knock. Or just tell them. No. Go buy your own stuff.

Answer by louise2 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter I think it depends on the neighborhood... although I might be inclined to buy them a handheld canopener so they knock on my door less... and explain to them that you are struggling to support your own family without picking up the slack in theirs?

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes its annoying. it is annoying when my 21 year old daughter does it to me......the "Hey look, Mom, I just got my nails done and oh, I got new clothes but can you like get me some groceries and maybe a twenty for gas, i am broke" so if a nieghbor did it, i would be more than annoyed.
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It won't last much longer because we are moving this week, I am just annoyed because my nap got interrupted and right when I thought I could go try again my daughter woke up. They are soo upset that we are moving (even though we are not moving that far away) because it seems like they have come to rely on us. This doesn't bug my hubby but it does bug me because like I said, they make more money than us and it is just the 2 of them. We have 1 baby and I am pregnant and yet we manage to buy things that we need bc we don't go out to eat all the time and we didn't trade in a perfectly good vehicle just because we wanted a newer model. They are young and I get that, but if they aren't relying on parents they are relying on neighbors!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I will say that my parents do sometimes help us out, because I can't find a full time job, and unfortunately being AD military doesn't pay that much. So my mom sometimes helps me pay a few student loan bills (her name is on them). But I try to pay her back when we get extra money.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yeah that would bug the heck out of me good thing your moving!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011