Why so much hairr?

So I was showering the other day and noticed that my tummy is so hairy. I have never had noticeable hair on my stomach before. There is like dark black hair going down the middle under my belly button and the rest is just all blonde but it's so thick and noticeable. I'm only 9 weeks pregnant. I know alot of women get hair on their stomach but this early? Does anyone else have this or has anyone else had this? I want to shave it but then I know it will be worse. I just feel embarrased to wear a bikini because its so noticeable, and I don't even look that pregnant yet just pudgy which I hate lol. Advice anyone?

Megan1213

Asked by Megan1213 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's one of the many quite normal "perks" of pregnancy. Not much help here... I don't do bikinis. Never have.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yeah, sounds about normal. Pregnancy is beautiful! LOL Luckily, it'll fall out after you deliver, though I know that doesn't do you much good now.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Just use twezzer's. It is normal and still 2 years after baby I still find a hair here and there that don't below. And perhaps TMI but I even got one or two on my nipple. Gross! And as for Binki - Cream and Oil your tummy now and don't stop. Act like you are buttering that turkey on thanksgiving because stretch marks are real binki stoppers. Also I have a friend that is Prego and she said same thing about hair on belly - It's gross but normal. Great book to recommend is Jenny Mccarthy - Belly Laughs - Tells you all the things to expect that no one likes to share.
    Amy016

Answer by Amy016 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i have had the same problem this pregnancy! i am 34 weeks pregnant and i noticed i had extra hair growth on belly! many perks of pregnancy lol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It's called a linea nigra, all pregnant women get them. They're from hormones, and they will never fade 100%! Nothing you can do about it :(
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 4:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• cypressandsage - the linea nigra is a line caused by your skin pigment changing color not the extra hair.

I too have the hair all over my belly, the black hair under the belly button on down and the fuzz everywhere else. I'm 26 weeks and I am now noticing fuzzy hair on my shoulders and my husband teased me the other day for having a thick patch of fuzz above my hair. -palm face- I'm going to be a giant hair ball by the time I have my baby. I also have to shave my legs and under arms daily and by afternoon it looks like I haven't shaved in two days hahahaha oh well hopefully it calms down after the baby is born.
    It's caused by the extra hormones brought on by the pregnancy.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• thick patch of fuzz above my butt not hair...
    Gnomeofmyheart

• The hormones from pregnancy make us grow hair and fuzz in all kinds of places and it is different for every woman and every pregnancy. As for the bikini either wax it or pluck it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011