How long is too long to wait on marriage to come with u and ur s/o?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, I have been waiting for 4 years now... and that doesn't seem to bad. I think it really depends on the relationship, how happy you are together, finances, personalities etc.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 4:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• thats a good point. i'm at 3years
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It was 9 years when we got married. He had a son 6 years into our relationship. we have a great relationship.
    Terra24

Answer by Terra24 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• meant WE had a son
    Terra24

• Like a pp said it depends on the couple, some do it right away, some wait a few years because of finances or another reason. I have also known people that have been together a long time but don't have any plans to get married and are perfectly happy with that.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't think there is a set amount of time (like for baking a cake or something). If the relationship is solid and both parties are happy, there isn't an issue.

However, if one person is really wanting to get married and the other doesn't, there are bigger issues then the length of time between first date and "I do!"
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I knew I wanted to be married and I would never have stayed with a guy more than 2 years without setting a date.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Six months is long enough. If you both know that you want marriage, you will know after about six months if you are not going to suit each other. There is no need to drag out the relationship for years and years, as nothing is really going to change. If he isn't ready to marry you now, he won't be six months from now or a year from now or ten years from now. Why waste your youth waiting for some guy to sh*t or get off the pot? I have known people who waited 17 years to get married, and they still have marriage issues.

I'm not saying you have to GET married after six months. Some people have longer engagements for a variety of reasons. But if after 6 months one half isn't ready to commit, then quit.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011