Why do people ask?

When people find out that my ex husband has a girlfriend, the first thing they ask is ,"Is she pretty?" Why do people ask that? I didn't think he divorced because i was ugly. Do you think they think i am ugly and that is why they ask that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Umm, I have no idea why they would ask that?! Maybe they are honestly just curious about her looks?
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 4:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have a very simple answer for you-they are stupid, insensitive jerks.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter NM the fact that she couldn't be doing too much better since he is your ex? Her looks have less to do with what is lacking between the ears? Hahaha

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Some people unfortunately have diarrhea of the mouth, they just say whatever pops in their little noggin.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i think its out of curiosity, more than being ignorant or wanting to cause ill feelings. also, so many times when the ex gets a 'new one', the other ex is quick to judge the 'new one's' looks, thus judging them as a whole person, which is wrong.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Momma that is funny......
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• maybe they that because if it were them, they might have an issue with their ex marrying someone hot. Some people get jealous about that, even though its their ex. i highly doubt they think you're ugly...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• maybe they asked that*
    samurai_chica

• do women as well as men ask this?

i can expect this from a man, but you would think women would have more class
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have no idea, I have never heard anyone ask someone that question. It is simply bizarre. In all honesty it would lead me to rethink my lifestyle and circle of friends. It sounds like you're surrounded by a bunch of idiots!
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 6:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011