Can anyone define "Midlife Crisis" and will I survive this with my husband?

My husband is going through a "midlife crisis" meanwhile I am mentally losing it. When I hear the term I think of Steve Martin as George Banks in Father of the Bride. Not in my house! My husband is trying to change me, is making life nearly impossible on a daily basis, wants to quit his job and play gypsy, and questions if he can still get women like he used to! What the hell? I don't get it but I am really going through a hard time with whatever he is going through. Is this a real thing or some "myth"? Will I survive this or should I just pack the bags and committ myself? This may sound funny but I'm not kidding. He is driving me nuts. He just turned 41 this past June and I am 35 and getting more white hair!

NoDramaMamma

Asked by NoDramaMamma at 8:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Many men hit a time of reflection of their life and wonder what it would be like if they made different decisions. They worry life is passing them by and they want to catch up and do all the things they have wanted to do instead of necessarily doing all the things they have been obligated to do. He'll be fine. If he wants to know if he still has it with other women then dress up and wear different wigs for him. Seduce him. Have playtime with him. That's what a lot of men want, release from responsibility and some playtime. This way you can be a part of it and it can be controlled.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• As defined by Urban Dictionary:

The point in an adults life where they get all concerned that they're old and start acting what they think is 'young'.

Should you leave? I'd have a sit down with him and explain that he needs to get a grip or he's going to loose you. Then maybe suggest some fun things you can do together...a good weekend trip might be fun.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2008