I want to work from home

Do any of you work from home? How do you know what is legit and what is a scam? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

mommy111

Asked by mommy111 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• Jobs that claim they pay enough for you to make a living are normally scams. The highest paying ones I found that are legit are leapforce and lionbridge but they are very hard to get in to There are many businesses out there. I do not recommend herbalife...tried it, it was horrible although the products work great. I currently sell Scentsy and it's been the best for me. It's been an easy product to sell and an easy business to recruit for me.

ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 4:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Keep in mind that meoma hasn't done them all, if any. So don't let her discourage you, it's possible you just have to do your homework. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Direct Sales is a great option for earning an income while maintaining a flexible schedule. There are products out there to suit everyone's tastes. My suggestion is to pick a product that you love, because if you can't be passionate about it, you won't be able to get others excited. The Direct Selling Association (www.dsa.org) and The Direct Selling Education Foundation (www.dsef.org) are great places to start your research on which company would work the best for you, and how to pick the right one.

If you would like to check out the company I'm associated with, you can check out my FB page at www.facebook.com/nooraskitchen
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 4:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I work from home for a direct sales company, I don't carry any product or handle purchase transactions or shipping all of that is handled by the company & through my website (provided & maintained by the company. I help people find the products & services that we sell & I receive a paycheck for my sales. If you are interested in this business opportunity feel free to contact me anytime. I sell products & services that you & I & everyone else already buy so it's easy to sell. I am looking to expand my business & have some one to collaborate with, check out my website & join me as my business grows or just shop at the site. Prices are competitive and we also have a rewards mall that offers rewards for shopping it (even I get rewards for my purchases. FHTMUS.com/JenniferSalazar
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 4:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm a gift basket consultant for La Bella baskets and I love it and yes it is legit!:-)

I do this all from home:-) This may or not be for you, but thought I offer:-)

What are your passions?Can you afford $19.95 a month with no parties required,no quotas, or inventory? I'm a gift consultant for La Bella Baskets, absolutely love it and I do get paid every 2 weeks a check .:-) My check is on my profile, so completely legit! If your interested in having a gift basket business p.m. for more info.:-) Ask me how you can start your own gift basket business for $1.97:-) Which will be ending soon.
    After 7 days it's $19.95 a month! That's it!
    Great ways to make extra money:-)
    3 ways to make money:
    recruiting
    sales
    corporate membership accounts

Have a Beautiful Day!:-)
    Best of luck on your search!:-)
    Jen
    Gift Basket Career
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree, Direct Sales is the way to go to earn money from home. Any other job you do from home, you are still trading your precious time for very little money. There are many direct sales companies, be sure to do your homework. They are still work...sometimes it's tough being your own boss, but the rewards are much greater. Be sure you look at businesses that are members of the DSA (Direct selling assiciation), are established, have consumable products, in line with timings and trends, one that there is a demand for and one where you can leverage your time. Let me know if I can help explain why these are so important. Good luck and best wishes.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It really depends on WHERE you are looking.  Anyone that wants to sell you information on HOW TO work from home is trying to scam you.  Never pay to work.  eBay is a great thing for one who wants to work at home.  It's quick and easy.  However, I do blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through it when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.    Just remember, figure out what you want to do first and then look for those opportunities.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm also in direct sales and I love it. I researched the company before I joined(I researched a lot of companies before I picked 1). I also made sure that the business would fit my lifestyle. I wanted to find something that would allow me to be with my family and still earn money.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Agreed For some Reason Meooma likes to come on to these posts and always be the damper and say they dont work...when in reality that is completely not true...
    THere are of course scams out there and many jobs pay nothing for hrs of work..but there are hundreds of businesses out there and they are very lucrative and people do very well with them.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i tried all that stuff
    i really wouldnt' wast my time honestly!
    but i still haven't tried data entry at home..
    you would think there are lots of stuff like that since they want to expand the internet
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2011