What type of mentoring or involvement does your children get from your husband if he is the stepdad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My almost 16 year old is not biologically my husband's son, but don't you dare state it isn't his kid! I remember when we first started dating seriously, he would correct people... "Oh he looks just like you" My ex and husband are both Italians), and he'd say why they look alike, and over time, he'd just reply, "Thanks"

My husband teaches my son all about becoming a man! He teaches him to have goals and respect for himself, how to respect and love women, and more than a single parent honestly can (not bashing, just off statistics and facts). I think men teach more to male children, so whether a father, stepdad, uncle, grandfather... men play a vital role that can't be filled by women
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• He is the same as any really good Dad. He helps with homework, takes her places, shares his philosophy about all sorts of things, knows who her friends are and what sort of things they are doing and talking about, encourages her to be her best and not settle for less, enforces rules, helps her learn responsibility....
    Anonymous

• My husband is actively involved in all our childrens' lives... and lets his employeers even know his kids come first
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• How to treat women by watching DH treat me, How to cook certain things, How to take care of one's responsibilities (son is now making straight A's, and what it feels like to be in a complete family full of care, concern, rules, and love.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011