Has anyone done hypnotherapy for weight loss?

How did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I haven't, but I've considered it. It's very effective for things like weight loss and smoking cessation. I'd say give it a try!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes I did and lost about 30 pounds at one time. very easily also.
    carolhas2kids

Answer by carolhas2kids at 4:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I went to a hypnotherapy seminar to help people lose weight and stop smoking. It was hosted at a conference room at a hotel in my area. It did work on some of my friends, but wore off in a couple months. My friend bought the hypnotherapy CD's to listen to that are supposed to reinforce the hypnosis, but she didn't listen to it more than once or twice. Weight loss is hard to guess, but she didn't smoke for 2 months. Personally, it didn't work for me. We were in a large room fuill of people. The hypnotist said he was going to put us under hypnosis and tap certain people who wouldnt wake up until he said a command word. I couldnt let myself relax in a room full of people while I thought anyone could come in and steal my purse while the old guy runs around and gropes people. Obviously, I am not a trusting soul. But I did see my friends appear to be fully under hypnosis. If I could afford a one-on-one session, I'd try it again.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 4:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes, I have. I did pricey, one-on-one four sessions. And you want to know the truth? I've gained A LOT of weight since then. It is definitely not a cure-all.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• never heard of it before
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2011