Any other stay at home moms having a hard time making mommy friends locally??

Can't seem to make any lasting friends around here :-( I would love to have another mommy to befriend and plan playdates with, someone to talk and relate to....just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

mrsbrittbishop

Asked by mrsbrittbishop at 4:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• It used to bother me that I couldn't find other moms in my area to hang out with. But after meeting many weird people with huge issues and/or drama in their lives I decided I would be more careful what I wished for from now on. I'm content with it being just the four of us. My children get their social time @ school. During the summer we hang out together and do fun things such as biking and beach fun : )

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 5:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I reached out by joining a local moms group on Meetup.com. It was great until drama ensued (too many women with control issues in one place!). Overall, I am SO glad I did it, and I am still friends with some of the moms. You should check it out- it's free!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Used to. But I got involved in volunteering at the school and after school sports and met plenty of moms with similar interests.

Answer by gemgem at 4:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I always have that problem. I have friends from my old work but they work. Coupled with the fact that I am a military spouse and truly don't belong, I just am antisocial. I don't trust other military spouses because most of them tend to be backstabbers and I don't fit in here because I am a transient.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ~*Nope*~... local Yahoo Groups, Meetup.com, M.O.P.S., and various other ways... hit your local library's free functions like reading to baby stuff... local malls almost always have a weekly things going on
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes, most of them are snobs. It's annoying.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes =( I've met some great people on CM but of course none of them live even close to where I am...I'm going to keep trying though lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yeah im sorry your going threw that i hope you find friends
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes but thats why i lowered my expectations and tried different approaches. I started a book club and a coffee date time and craft circles. and i keep it simple i have found the smaller the number the better the results
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011