Dentist

Have been at the dentist with my daughter for the first time a couple weeks ago. She usually isnt shy at all and wouldnt complain about someone talking to her and maybe looking at her... e.g. when the pediatrician is checking her mouth ect. she never complains. But now at the dentist she refused to open her mouth. probably because of all the metal tools he had in his hands. haha

he didnt do anything, just taking a look with those little mirror tools.

anyone got an idea on how to make her feel comfortable at the dentist?! the nurse there already told me about some great ideas. but would like to know how you did that with your toddler

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I work in a dental office, the best way I think is to find a pediatric dentist. Most general dentist don't really have the patients or know how to make young children feel comfortable. At a pediatric dentist they have all sorts of cool thins for kids and they are normally loud and goofy!! which kids love!! Try that and see how it goes!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• your just a curious george tonight aren't you its like every question i read is from you. lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yeah, lots of stuff running through my mind tonight. :D

I usually never ask questions. I answer most of the time. haha. But tonight my head is a big "?".. haha
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• well tonight my head is tired so sorry i don't have an answer for you at least not for this question
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i take my daughter to a dentist specifically geared towards children.. took a few times but she is great there now,, it's more fun than a dr's appt...
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Well the dentist where i bring her too is a dentist for adults and kids too. i just dont understand how he can be the ONLY person in this world that she doesnt "like"... lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2008