I need some ideas...

How to put this....

My mil lives up north where it stays cold all winter, and she has no running water due to her water well having gone out a few years ago. She hasn't had the money to get it fixed. My father knows how to work on water wells, but she really doesn't want us all (me, hubby, my father, and my kids) up there due to sanitary conditions. While I can appreciate her concern, my father has a motorhome that just needs a bit of work. That would take care of the sanitary conditions.

My question is this: Does anyone know how I can go about raising funds for this trip? I'm sure my mil doesn't have the money to get this done still, and since we live in Texas, the trip wouldn't be cheap. Plus, we'd need parts for this well. I put this in this section b/c this is affecting my dh's relationship with his mother, and I want to help.

rhope4

Asked by rhope4 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Does she go to a church? ask there.
    Anonymous

• No, she doesn't go to church. She dropped out several years ago. I think she lost her faith due to the hard times she was going thru, and I want to show her that not all people are like that.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I'd call her local tv station or newspaper and get them to do a public service announcement. You might have to open a special bank account for the funds though.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I really don't want her to know I'm doing this for fear she'd try to stop us. What about local for us? Would that work?
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• ask your church to have a bake and rummage sale for you she will never know

Anonymous