Have you ever tried cooking food in parchment paper?

For an herb-infused delight, try cooking new potatoes in parchment, easier than it sounds. You pile a couple of pounds of potatoes onto a large round of baking parchment along with garlic, herbs and olive oil. Fold the parchment into a parcel and consign it to the oven for 45 minutes. When you open the package, steam-roasted new potatoes beckon. Indulge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/29/dining/potatoes-wrapped-in-parchment-city-kitchen.html?ref=style

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Sounds good. We love to make packets all the time. That variation sounds like one I would make except I add cream, butter, salt and pepper and the heat steams the potatoes. They are so good. I love them!!! I am trying this recipe next time I make them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Sounds good. The only thing I've ever used parchment for is to bake cookies on it.

Parchment paper can be found in just about any grocery store in the section where they have cooking gear/pans/pots etc.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Parchment paper is by the foil/plastic wrap in my area stores, including Wal-Mart. I've never seen it anywhere else but that section. I use it all the time.
    Anonymous

• that sounds delicious where can i find parchment paper?
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Ooh! I need some new potatoes, stat!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• thanks for the info i will check this out!!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011