I want to pregnant again, but my husband says we aren't financially ready?!

We weren't ready when we had our first son so i don't know why he is making such a huge deal of this. We pay our bills and provide for our family just don't always have that extra money to do whatever we want when we want. Were you financially ready when you found out you were pregnant again?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• who ever is really financially ready to have a kid? If i waited til then i wouldn't ever have any!!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't know, I guess we over analyze things because we are paying our bills and have money for extras but still don't feel financially ready to have a 2nd so we aren't, being we are 32 and 39, we are timing out anyway.. i just don't want to spend my life struggling TOO hard if I can avoid it I Guess
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• lol thank you! Thats what i am trying to tell him. Currently i am just a stay at home mom with my 2 yr old. If i worked we'd have that extra income he is wanting but he doesn;t want me to work...
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• We had a plan before getting pg the first time. The second would be as close to two years behind the first as possible. That is how we wanted them spaced. Besides the second one might not be as expensive b/c you have most of the big things you need if your first isn't that old!
    Good Luck
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 5:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• welll, it makes life easier and quite frankly is smarter to wait. Personally for me I would've like to wait a little longer to be more financially stable but felt like time was running out for me.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 5:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Do you have enough money put away to live for at least six months. I mean pay all your bills and food etc.
    If you have not, than you most certainly cannot afford to have another child. It is essential that you are able to more than just get by before you increase your family. It sounds like your husband is behaving responsibly.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I can fully understand where you are coming from, but having a child takes two, and is it really worth having if you have to force your husband to do it? And is it worth a possible rift between you both because he feels trapped/forced? What is your marriage worth in comparison to having another child?

It is easy for others to tell you to do it, never truly ready so go for it... but at the end of the day who sleeps in your bed? please do not follow foolish advice and sacrific what you are already blessed with (only advice I can give)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Honestly, if you're not financially ready, don't do it. Kids get more expensive as they get older.

We weren't financially ready for our 1st, and it was hard and we struggled. We waited until we were financially ready for our 2nd, and it was so much easier. We didn't plan #3, but we were finanically ready for her.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• not at all ready! I'm 10 weeks right now and my bf has been telling me everything is going to work out fine, and i'm sure it will. I'm just excited to be having a baby! even if the financial situation isnt ideal.
    mydarlingsofia

Answer by mydarlingsofia at 7:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes we were. We did the math and made sure we had the money to provide equally for both children. We made sure we could afford another bedroom, me taking time off from work, the diapers...we adjusted the budget and tweaked it till it worked. You know what? IT DIDN'T MATTER! Dh lost his job when DD was 9 months old. We were screwed. still are! lol. Planning meant NOTHING!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011