When did you become a mother.. ??

When you found out you were 1st pregnant or when you saw your baby for the 1st time ??

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 5:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had a very hard time TTC my first and also had multiple miscarriages before a year of infertility. Part of me wants to say I was a mom before I even conceived because I literally had a nursery waiting for a baby from my miscarriages. The other part of me knows that I had a hard time bonding with my baby during pregnancy with her, because I was so worried something would happen. That is not very mom like I'm sure.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• After my first child was born... before that I read books, got plenty of advice, but nothing like the "real thing" to give the biggest lesson of reality
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Before that, it was when I had to start raising my sisters. So I was an experienced mom by the time my sons were born.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've never been pregnant. It was when my children were handed to me.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• as soon as that little test told me I was expecting I considered myself a Mom. Most people didn't until after DD was born
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• about 3 months along I guess, then having bonding issues, ppd and a colicky baby, I'd say officially when he was 1.. it was a bitter sweet road to get there but one I'd do all over again and I think made my connection to him even stronger than I thought ever possible.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• For me it was when I first held my daughter , I thought it was when I first saw her on an ultrasound.. but holding her for the 1st time..it was official. :)

and I love all your answers :) I like hearing when everyone felt like a mother for the 1st time..its so different for everyone.
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• As soon as I found out I was pregnant.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• oh I can't even imagine Mom-2-3girlz...I am sorry you went thru all that.. :( Of course that very mom like.. you were worried like any mother would have been .
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When the nurses at the hospital told me I was pregnant.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 6:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011