Wedding ceremony

I'm getting married in september of 2012 and I wanna know is it wrong for me to say I dont want children at ceremony except the children in the wedding?

mrs.smith2011

Asked by mrs.smith2011 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• it's your wedding, it will limit the number of guests who show up but if you don't want kids there it is totally your choice
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• nope thats what i did. and i dont regret a thing ..your wedding your choice :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• nobody until 18 was permitted except for flower girls..junior bridesmaid..ring bearer..etc.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I know a few weddings that didnt want their kids there because of the fact it was way to much! As long as you and your soon to be husband agree on this than dont have kids there. It is not really a place for kids anyways. However if some of your kids are in the wedding and your not asking the other ones to come. I think that is a little mean. But it is your wedding and you need to do what you want so you can Enjoy it!
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• What I'm worried about is we are writting our own vows. And im afraid when one of us is saying our vows there is going to be a child that will be getting antsy and cranky and in the middle start throwong a fit and mess it all up. And there more then welcome at the reception just not so sure about the ceremony
    mrs.smith2011

Comment by mrs.smith2011 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• there is nothing wrong with that. When we had our wedding we said "no children please". If we had invited all the kids, we would have had more kids than adults as guests. I have been to many weddings that said "no children" on the RSVP card. Do what is right for you. :)
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 5:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• As long as you stick to it and make it very clear. I have been to a few wedding where they put that on the invite and then out of town guests who couldn't find baby sitters were allowed to bring their kids, but I had to find and pay for a sitter for my kids. It upset me a little that they allowed (and I found out the couple did allow it) the out of town guests to bring their kids, but I wasn't allowed to bring mine.
    Anonymous

• Of course not, however I think that it is wiser not to include any children in the ceremony. Also if you are planning to include children in the reception you may as well have them at the ceremony. The reception is where they really get in the way and change the tenor of the event!
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 6:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You have to have kids in the wedding lol I mean think about it an adult would look aweful funny in a jr brides maid dress, ring bearer suit , flower girl dress lol
    mrs.smith2011

Comment by mrs.smith2011 (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It's your wedding and you make the rules, period. Just don't be dissapointed when some people don't show because they had hurt feelings over this. Not everyone wlll understand and even if they do, might not be able to have child care available. But like I said,, its your wedding and people should honor your wishes!

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 6:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011