So sick ***VENT***

I AM SO SICK OF THE GUILT TRIPS AND BEING THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES ANYTHING... YOU PLAN A PARTY AND WAIT TILL THE LAST MIN TO CLEAN THE HOUSE SO I GET STUCK DOING IT AND THAN YOU FORGET YOU MADE PLANS TO GO AND TAKE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE AND YOU TRY AND GIVE ME THE GUILT TRIP OF WELL IF YOU WANNA BE NUMBER ONE GRANDDAUGHTER YOU WOULD TAKE HER....YOU MOTHER SHOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN FIREWORKS OR ANYTHING ELSE. BUT YET YOU ARE MAD AT ME BECAUSE I HAVE PLANS AND I DONT WANNA TAKE AN HOUR RIDE THERE AND AN HOUR RIDE BACK!!! WHEN I AM SURE TRYING TO GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER!!! YOU START ALL THESE THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE... THE LIVING ROOM THE BATH ROOM THE KICTHEN TWO BED ROOMS AND THEY ARE NOT DONE... THEY ARE HALF PAINTED AND THE LIVING ROOM HAS NO FLOOR. BUT YOU ARE TO LAZY TO GET OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND DO THEM!!! AND YOU GIVE ME WELL YOU DONT HAVE YOUR KID THIS WEEK YOU CAN FINISH SOMETHING!!! I WANT A BREAK! I DONT WANNA BE CLEANING UP YOUR MESS!!!!!! THEY HAVE ME SO PISTED OFF RIGHT NOW....THEY ARE ALL GOING OUT TO EAT AND YET I HAVE NOTHING IN THE HOUSE NOR A WAY TO GO AND GET ANYTHING!!!! LAYING DOWN I DONT EVEN WANNA FINISH CLEANING!!!!

libbiesmommy12

Asked by libbiesmommy12 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I usually do one thing at a time. Then finish it, then go on to a new task. Sounds like what your real issue is.

Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• That is what I do, No the people I live with has 10 projects foing at once!!! And they keep starting new ones!!
    libbiesmommy12

Comment by libbiesmommy12 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Tell them to stop. Or do not expect you to finish them.

Answer by louise2 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I live with a house full of people to. They expect me to not only watch their kids when they want to go run off and play. They let the kids trash the house. I stay in my room most of the time and my son is only 4 months old but yet they think I should have to clean up after their children everyday. I don't mind helping with the house work at all but when they try to leave it all to me I go on strike. I am no ones personal maid. I will stay in my room until they finally clean. Which at times could take a week before they get off their butts. So I suggest you go on strike or tell them that you are not their maid. Just because you don't have your child does not mean that it is right or fair for them to expect you to clean up their messes all the time.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It is so hard when you must share living space with others! And you have a right to vent here. We sure don't mind. So go ahead and let off some steam! Then, when you feel calmer and if you want to try to do anything about it, continue reading.
    Talk to them when you feel calm. Use only "I" statements. "I feel frustrated because _______. I feel angry when _______." Never say "You" statements: "You always __________! You never _____!" I statements are true. You statements start arguments. AFter you tell them how you feel, then wait and see if they have any suggestions. Listen to their I--statements, and remind them not to use the word "You". If possible, seek family therapy. Some places charge on a sliding fee scale, if money is an issue, because the more tight money is, the more stress the family is under. If all else fails, find a way to get out on your own.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011