Stopped nursing

my son will be 10mths tomorrow and even though I was planing to wean I had to do it sooner well started today since last night my right breast got engourged in some spots even though my son nursed on it I had no relieve and it was the same this morning I called dr and he said for me to try pumping and that was no help at all I could not get milk out anyways I decided to wean my son 2mths early he has been doing good on baby food and some formula so I am glad the only thing I dislike about the weaning part is the discomfort of my breast not the best feeling but I will manage I would like opinions on what you used for relieve

babycakeschris

Asked by babycakeschris at 6:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hot packs helped me, as well as just wrapping yourself up with an ace bandage...like tight.

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It sounds to me like you might have some clogged ducts. Try gentle massage in the areas that are fuller. Start above the clog, and gently massage down towards your nipple. I got them all the time with both of my kids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I tried to massage and nothing it just caused me pain and while baby was nursing I also tried to massage the area this is the 1st time that it has happened my son has not wanted to nurse so I am just going to stop breastfeeding
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i think u have clugged ducts hun it sounds like it
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 9:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Did you stop suddenly? That WILL hurt... drop one feeding per week till gone.

Cabbage leaves in yoru bra will help the process along. Break the leaves before putting them in. Change them when they get stnky.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011