next monday i get to pick my husband up ....

he has been gone for 3.5 months for the army, he will be home for 9 days, we have 2 small children ,, i am debabting on taking my 3 yr old son to go with me,, it is a 4.5 hour drive one way pick him up then turn around and drive 4.5 hours right back home.. think it would be too much for a 3 yr old?? i can't chose... to take or not to take????????? it would be so great for him to go ( he's a daddy's boy and has been missing him so so so much) but he is a wild child , plus maybe it would be nice just for my husband and i to have some alone time together before the kids get him... any thoughts.... would u take him??

boyer94

Asked by boyer94 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• take the baby. thats his daddy and he hasnt seen him in a long time
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I wouldn't just bc that is a long drive. And he probably isn't going to want to sit still once Daddy gets in the car.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It is his beloved father. Take him for the father's sake, and for his, and for yours- to see your family together again as soon as possible.

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would take him. Your husband can keep him occupied on the drive back just hanging out and talking to him
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERNS FOR THE DRIVE BUT WHY ARE YOU ASKING...? TAKE THAT BOY WITH YOU! JUST BRING LOTS OF BOOKS, TOYS, KID MUSIC.... MY DAUGHTER WAS IN THE CAR FOR 8 HOURS AND WAS JUST FINE AND SHE WAS 2 1/2
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I feel the same you should take your 3 y/o son with you...you could bring his some of his toys,and maybe some that his dady has not seen since he's been gone for the last 3.5 months...Your son might fall sleep on yer way to get his daddy depending what time you are leaving to pick up daddy/husband!!! and he might fall alseep on the way back home,but truthful trust your thoughts ok!! good luck....please let us know what you decide 2 do ok!! and GOOD LUCK :)
    critter7

Answer by critter7 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i think u guys are right,,, he'll be so excited to see daddy ....i should go buy a portable dvd player that should keep him busy on the way.... thanks for the input ladies
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Ok, so the same thing is going on with me. My husband's coming home for Christmas exodus in a few days and I thought about taking the kids. My stepdaughter, who's 5 and my son, who's 3. Then I thought about taking just his daughter. He flat out told me not to bring the kids. He's been gone 3 months and yes the kids miss him but i miss him too.
    I would go alone. That way you can have the drive back to be together. Because you know when he gets home he's gonna be swarmed with kids and family. You might not get a whole lot of alone time after that. Enjoy it while it's there.
    airmanswife1006

Answer by airmanswife1006 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i know he's only gonna be home for 9 days then i have to take him back for another 10 montt seperation ,, with it being christmas we are going to have tons of family around,, i don't want to be selfish and keep him from the kids but they will have him for 8 days what's wrong with taking 8 hours just for me,, my daughter who is 5 is going to be in school ... well maybe mymind has changed again...
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would not take him...why make the little guy misserable on such a long trip. I know he misses daddy and daddy surely misses him...but you guys are the adults and can understand. He will see him when you get there.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008