Do you let your DH/SO go to strip clubs? how do you feel about it?? adult content

And if you let them go do you let them go by there selves or do you go with? What are your feelings on this?

prettynpink343

Asked by prettynpink343 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Not once during the course of our marriage has this ever even been mentioned or suggested. My husband has always been totally in love with me and does not do any of the kinds of things that I am told "all men" do these days. I often wonder what makes the difference and why so many men are apparently in to that sort of thing now. We've been married more than 46 years. My husband is still very attracted to me; he still often tells me that I am pretty, and constantly tells me how much he loves me. The one thing that I often think about that may be the difference is that my husband pursued me and he wanted me for his wife, he says, from the time he first laid eyes on me. We did not live together until after we were married and sex was off limits until we were married. He often makes statements about the immodest dress of women we see when we are out, and it is always negative comments. I am one blessed woman and I know it!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• We don't have any close by, so its never been brought up! :-) We talked about going to one together last year when we were in Las Vegas. Being from a small town and not ever being to a place like, we figured why not? LOL We didn't end up going, though.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I used to ask my husband if we could go to one 30 min away but he really doesn't care to go. He went to a few when he was younger and considers it a waste of money. I'm sure he liked it back then but these days (we're in our early 30's) he spends money on me and gets what he pays for : )
    805doll

Answer by 805doll at 6:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My husband has no interest in strip clubs, he doesn't see the point in getting all worked up for nothing (they pay to get nothing in return)... personally I don't care if he did go to one because it isn't like he's off with a prostitute (more like seeing live porn)... but he has no interest in the first place, and why it probably isn't an issue in our home
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't mind as long as it doesn't become a habit (some ppl go all the time) I'll go sometimes, but I don't mind if it's just I guy thing and I stay home...I've even gone alone with my girlfriends before.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i don't mind but he doesn't really go. The last one he went to i went with him and we had fun laughing at the girls!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• since he's my husband and not my child he doesn't need my permission to do anything. my personal opinion on strip clubs is they are for single men or bachelor parties. i don't see any reason why a happily married man would have any desire to go a strip club. this is just how i feel on the subject but again, i have no control over what he does and thankfully he's never asked.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• A) My husband has stated that strippers make him sad because all of them are somebody's daughters... who utterly failed them in all of the truly important ways..
    B) We have neither a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of, he's not going to spend the diaper cash on some stripper's baby daddy's crack habit.
    C) Fortunately, he's intelligent enough to have seen through all the social rhetoric that tacitly validates the practice of visiting strip clubs "because it's a red-blooded manly American thing to do" and recognizes it for what it is--guys throwing money at drug-addled women who are pretending to lust after them for a few hours and then masturbating and weeping in the parking lot afterwards, which isn't particularly red-blooded, manly or American.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't mind. Mine doesn't but I'd be fine with it. I admit I'd rather be with him but I trust him to go alone. He doesn't need my permission.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 6:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My husband has never been to one. He says he has no desire to go. He doesn't see the point and can think of much better things to do with his hard earned money. That comes from him, not me.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011