My breastfed baby is 3 weeks old and only waking up once at night to eat?

I've breastfed all of my children and I think it was MUCH longer than 3 weeks before I was getting almost a full night of sleep like this. Is it normal, or should I be worried?

She eats heartily...and I mean REALLY well during the day and will cluster feed before she goes to sleep at night. She is gaining weight well. She was born at 7lbs 7oz and is now 9lbs 3oz.

I've just never been this lucky before and want to make sure its normal.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. She's gaining weight just fine, enjoy having a sleeper!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When my DD was a baby she was sleeping 10 p to 6 a at six weeks old, and dr. told me never to wake her up to eat. Babies will wake up if they are hungry, and as long as she is gaining just fine, don't stress about it, just enjoy the rest! :-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Enjoy it while you can. Wait til the growth spurts hit and you have your baby tethered to your boobs all night! My son was that way at first. He went to sleep at 8 and did not wake up until 8. It was nice. A little concerning at first but nice once I figured out that was his way.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Enjoy it while you can it may not last ..... seems to me like you are doing great!!!
    traren

Answer by traren at 6:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• YES!!! My son was just the same. He gained weight and ate like a little piggy all day. Then he slept almost all night . It was great! Congratulations!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• my daughter sleep like 10hrs at night i was told to wake her up. but now i have been told to let her sleep. so im not sure what to say but i would ask your babys doc she will tell u everything u need to know or go to your local wic office they should be able to help u.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 7:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My son did the same thing for a few weeks,then went to waking at night to eat... Enjoy it, it may not last !!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• very normal, i know friends that her baby sleeps for 5 or 6 hours and takes a lot of naps even couple of days old
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011