Daycare

Private or public

3lilANGELS236

Asked by 3lilANGELS236 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depends on your price range to begin with. Daycare can be expensive to begin with. Make it a private one, the price goes up even more.
    Anonymous

• ~*Personally*~.. I will not place my kids in a home daycare... I prefer a daycare center where they have more staff and less chances of abuse towards my child, and easier to keep track of with public records
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• LOL is it weird that I don't know what the difference is? :-) All of the day cares around here are public.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• are you speaking about a home vs center setting kind of daycare? i have my dd in a home based center. its an extended family enviornment. i had looked at a center in my previous state while pregnant and it was very secure and there were benefits ect but its someones own decisions to place in a home or center setting. have to look around and speak to different people to find the right one for yourself and your child.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Home daycare for us (so private). My DD got more 1:1 attention, there was no staff turn over, so she got to know her DCP VERY WELL. I also liked the small student to teacher ratio, and the fact that my dcp could provide more activities and take the kids on more outings. Plus, it's more affordable than a center.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I chose in home daycare, it was something that I could afford, she would work with my work schedule (there are times that I started working @ 5:00am. She doesn't make me pay if the kids are not there, understood when my husband wasn't working and we needed to keep the kids at home. I think I just like the personal feeling i get from my in home daycare. I have known her for almost 6 years now, my kids love going over there and I never have to worry. I don't think I would get that same feeling from a large daycare center.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My children were never in daycare so I don't have any experience w/ it.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well if we're talking in home vs. center, I say both! My 3 y/o went to an in home day care from 6 weeks, when I went back to work, until she was 2 1/2. I loved her provider, she was amazing, and DD did very well there. Once she hit 2 1/2 we decided to move her to a preschool/day care center because it was more structured and would prepare her for school. She's been there for about six months and is doing wonderful. So I think it depends on the age of the child and what you're looking to get out of it.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011