Adult Acne...

So, I NEVER had any zits or acne as a kid. My skin was always clear. For the last 2 years I have really had issues with my skin being clear. Anybody know of a good skincare regemin for stubborn adult acne?

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 6:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Jawline acne is usually hormonal. I've had issues with hormonal acne for a few years, too, but I've found a regimen that helps a lot. I use Dr. Woods black soap with shea to wash my face, a microfiber facial cloth for gentle exfoliation, organic facial lotions, organic argan oil at night, fruit enzyme facial peel weekly, and tea tree oil cleansing pads. I also take a high quality cod liver oil daily. What I feel has done the most for my skin is the black soap. It's awesome.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Have you considered a visit to a dermatologist?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i use proactiv and it seems to work pretty well
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I use Mary Kay and it works good. Every skin is different though
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 6:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yeah i have to agree with my3ez it depends on your skin type
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• What are you using on your face now?
    Are you on any type of birth control?

What you are currently using (makeup or cleansing products) can have an effect on your skin. Birth control can too.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 6:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I used Merle Norman on my face when I had crazy hormonal acne. You could also try some tea tree oil. Where are the blemishes? If it is around your jaw, neck, that's probably stress and hormones. good luck!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I use Mary Kay as well. Timewise collection will take care of your type of skin and the acne spot gel drys my pimples up over night when I have my break out. I'm guessing your skin is combo/oily because dry skin rarely breaks-out due to lack of oil, so find yourself a cleanser that is for combo/oily skin. Then you can find acne toners if you choose, and make sure you use oil-free moisturizer and make-up products! If you want send me a message and I can tell you a whole list of products you can try!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm 26 and just started getting acne a little over a year ago...I've tried many things, serious skin care, proactiv, mychelle products....clinique worked the best but still didn't completely cure it....About two months ago a girlfriend of mine was hosting a spa party for Beauti Control. I went to it and ordered the products because the girl sounded pretty convincing. Not even two weeks later I noticed a significant difference. Since then, I started selling the product. I've never sold anything in my life but I am very confident in this product. I'm not just trying to make a sale here, my goal is to help people like me because I know how frustrating it is to suffer with this. If you want to check out my page, you can p.m. me for more info on the products if you are interested...After you go to my page click on skin care and then b.c. spa facial. Those are the products you will need.
    Beauticontrol.com/jeneoltmann
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• oh, and just fyi...everyone is saying that it depends on your skin type, well i can send you a patented skin sensor for free by mail that will determine your skin type. Our company is the only one that has something like this.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011