Do you think the world will end in 2012?

so my husband and i finally rented 2012 the other night and watched it. what other crazy sh*t can happen. i believe that there is a possiblity but i shore hope its not like in the movies and also I will be prepared in case it does happen. thanks for you time

angeleyz375

Asked by angeleyz375 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think the world will end when the world will end. i believe in the whole 2012 conspiracy as much as i believe in the tooth fairy or the easter bunny.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No it won't. The world is definitely chaotic right now, we are going through a severe world famine, and the fact that most of the crops in the u.s. are under drought or fire means a huge increase in food prices very soon. The comet/planet elenin is suppose to be at its closest to earth sometime in September and also in November, I heard this will make many volcanoes go off and earthquakes. We are having more solar storms in the sun ever before, we're actually expecting a huge solar storm sometime in 2012 that can completely cut out our power for weeks to months. They say the Madrid fault is ready to have an earthquake and that will be huge as well as the yellowstone super volcano being very active. But still... I do not believe the earth will end in 2012 at all.
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• 2012 is based around Mayan's calander NOT a movie. :o) Personally, I do not believe it will happen, however there are people out there who do believe so. Research the subject matter, it is quite interesting, I used to freak out about it so I do what I always do when I get scared and I learn as much as I can to prepare myself or ease my mind. If you read into it fully you will see that the Mayan's haven't even said the world the end, people just assumed it would since their calender ended. I'd stop hammering into rock too after doing so writing out a whole long calender! LOL Don't panic, read up on it (accrediated sources not the cult ones) and live life normally! NASA.gov had a whole section on their FAQ's about 2012, I'm not sure if it is still there, but it might ease your mind some! Natural disaters are scary to think about and go through, but I strongly believe people will end people before a super storm does!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i can see the world changing hopefully im on a beautiful beach
    angeleyz375

Comment by angeleyz375 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i believe there will be a lot of change as there is now
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 6:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Hope not
    Crjs4

Answer by Crjs4 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes, for some people, the world will end in 2012.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• no, i don't believe it will end in 2012
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Anything is possible, but I'm not betting on it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The Mayans did NOT predict the end of the world in 2012. Their calendar ends on the Winter Solstice 2012, not because it's the end of the world, but because it's the end of this Galactic Age. We will enter in to the Age of Aquarius when the Earth, Sun & Center of the Galaxy align on 12/21/12... The Mayan calendar is then "flipable" and it starts all over again... This event happens every 26,000 years. It didn't end us the last time, it won't end us now. That said, we are, and will see some great weather anomalies due to the change in gravitational pulls on both the Earth and the Sun (which changes the amount of Solar Flairs and such). But end of the world? No.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011