Weight Gain During Pregnancy

I am at 26 weeks pregnant and todays visit at the doctor showed I didn't gain anything after an entire month. I had only been gaining a pound a month for the last couple months but now nothing? The doctor didn't seem concerned but I am worried. I just haven't been hungry at all. It is 6pm and I haven't eaten anything all day. I don't want to hurt my baby but how do I eat if im not hungry and food doesn't sound good. Anyone else have this problem? Should I be worried?

LiviandEmmysMom

Asked by LiviandEmmysMom at 6:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Whether you eat or not, your baby is gonna take what it needs from your body leaving you feeling miserable because you arent getting what you need. You should try to eat even if you arent hungry, even if its just a snack. I wouldnt worry to much about the weight gain. I'm 37 weeks and I've only gained 7 lbs through out my pregnancy. As long as baby is doing good, it'll be ok. But still try to eat.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about the weight gain, but I WOULD worry about going an entire day without eating. You've got to force yourself. If you're not eating, neither is your baby.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I wish I could say I haven't gained much. I am 34 weeks as of today and luckly last week when I went to the doctor I only gained a half a pound in 2 weeks (I see the doctor every 2 weeks), but before that I was gaining 5 pounds every 2 weeks. I was 138 pounds before I got pregnant and I am at 201 now :( I would be happy to say I haven't gained much lol. I am not even eating all that much so I don't know why I am gaining so much.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• right now i am 28 weeks pregers and have again 20lbs.... i'm really hoping i don't gain any more but i'm sure i will.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 7:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm only 10 weeks but that's how I've felt. I've been snacking a lot, and it seems easier to eat that way.
    mydarlingsofia

Answer by mydarlingsofia at 7:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• you just need to force yourself to eat
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would worry about the weight gain. I haven't gained anything in about for months. But you need to make sure your body us getting the nutrients it needs.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011